Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Marching marching marching...


March never really works out well for me..
don't know why - just seems to be filled with shenanagins
Regardless - life goes on - and this sunny March day - I found myself at the dentist. Seeing as how Poppy is out of commission for a few days - and Nanny was suddenly busy with important business - boy came with me. (girl was at school)
Seeing as how an electric hand dryer or vacuum can bring boy to tears -
the dentist office is an endless tunnel into the abyss of scary noises.
So to break the ice - the ladies in the reception area did their best to woo him with any treat he liked from the prize closet.
(note: after I got drilled, scraped, buzzed, zapped, and every other dental onomatopoeia you can imagine.. Boy got more free loot - one tear when its his turn to go - and he's doomed)

either way - boy drew his first full body picture ...
arms & legs are a mighty big step in the art community!

in the time it took me to send the pic to daddio -
he showed me "I colored in my hair & put on some mittens!"
You would have thought he was Lukey Matisse the way I was praising him

***insert here the ride home from the dentist- down 78.. mighty speedy might I add.. for a majority of the ride, with the e-brake up... ***
zee ides of march... yeessss eeexxxccellent
Next was a trip to the pizzaria for a quicky lunch with Mr Nick
I tried sooo hard to reproduce a picture from last March.. and as hard as I tried - it just wasn't going to be exact. I'm not being so picky considering I got a few cute pictures from a 4 year old & 2 3year olds
pizza guys making a pizza will ALWAY be facinating,
and this is the only seat in the house where a person under 4 feet can see what's going on.
***insert here when girl turns to me & says "Hey mommy! Look what I did in school today!"
and proceeds to lift her upper lip to show me her mighty bloody - mighty loose front tooth..
ahhhhh march
2011
not exact - but close enough
2010


after pizza, we went to gym class -
and after gym class, I dropped the car off for the wonderful repair to whatever part of the breaks I ruined by driving around with the e-brake on
love it
This past weekend was the local yokel St. Pat's parade..
Sadly - Poppy being under the weather - he couldn't come with.
so in honor of him, I bought the kids the most horrible horns I could get my hands on...
and although I apologized extensively to the people around us BEFORE I bought them, you can still see the woman behind the kids tensing up at the sound of these things.
a simple squeek would have been bad enough..
but these kids, every breath -
in SQUEEEEAAAKKKKKK
out SQUAAAAAWWWWKKKK
Even typing it is annoying


ahhhhhhh and what's better than the silent drive home from the parade -
where you yank a horn out of a sleeping child's hands- and hide it until the day you're driving to Nanny's house



and this is just a plain old day at our house -
a plain old day, a plain old nap..
I waited for the day I could sneak up on my kids and scare them out of their skins just like my mother did to me,
and I'm sure her mother did to her
and so on and so forth

No comments: