Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Easter!



Again - behind...



As with every other holiday - Easter is choc full o' arts & crafts..


Starting off with the yarn/cornstarch/cookie cutter crafts. These would have been great except for the fact that boy's little crafts were SO gooey - they got moldy before they dried. Live & Learn I 'spose.






backed up by a dinner of Easter Egg Meatloafs



aaaaaand not to be outdone -


EASTER EGGS!









and the final product..... (drumroll)




the spread left for the Easter Bunny.




and the spread left by the Easter Bunny



another Live & Learn...


If I ask the girl to run into the other room & find her shoes - it is a task that never takes less than 10 minutes. Not because she is lazy. Not because she finds a toy & gets distracted. Not because she drags her feet & waits for us to get them for her.


Because I have raised 2 of the absolute worst Look arounder's.


I now know that 10 eggs & 2 baskets are FAR MORE than these kids can handle on such an exciting morning. The 35+ eggs & 2 baskets took well into an hour for them to find.




Boy coming downstairs...



Now the girl



Once the baskets were finally found - they were MORE than please with all the new loot.



And they were just as happy to find all the eggs



Poppy stopped by for the sunday donut routine - and even he was rolling his eyes at the weak hunting skills.



new shades




Luckily (and thankfully) my kids have seen Charlotte's Web enough times to quote it.. and didn't really object when the day after Easter - they eggs got tossed. I explained to them that a lot of the eggs got cracks in them when we were coloring them - namely, the eggs Luke dropped. Then I explained how they will get rotten very quickly with the broken shells.

To which they informed me "A ROTTEN EGG IS A REGULAR STINK BOMB!"

Thank you barnyard goose!



Dan & I both wondered about the choice of first-bite-location on the big choco-bunnies.

Both tail & ears were the first to go.



and with choco-bunnies - comes unused energy - which in turn brings a carpeting of easter grass. *sigh*


No comments: